Killarney RFC Mission Statement
Killarney Rugby Club’s Mission is to become a universally recognised Centre of Excellence in the provision and appreciation of rugby in our community.
develop rugby in the greater Killarney area as an active, healthy and safe pastime for males and females across all age groups.
foster a spirit of fair play and sportsmanship and eliminate foul play and anti-social behaviour at every opportunity.
develop our players physically and mentally both as individuals and as a team.
develop an ethos of fun and achievement through participation. Match and competition success will be a consequence rather than an objective.
expect that everyone associated with the club will respect others and the property of others at all times. In particular, respect for appointed officials and visiting teams is paramount.
In an effort towards achieving Our Mission, we have set ourselves the following short term objectives:
- Development of dressing rooms, playing pitch and floodlit training facilities suitable for achieving our mission, within close proximity of Killarney.
- Continued development of our youth and mini rugby sections of the club.
- Continued development of our senior section of the club.
- Formation of Ladies rugby team in association with the Munster Branch IRFU.
- Regular club social activities to involve all players, mentors, members and their families, where appropriate.
- Regular club fund raising events.