Golf Classic – Thanks to everyone who made it a great day!
Killarney RFC held its annual Golf Classic at Killarney Golf & Fishing Club at the renowned Mahony’s Point course on Friday, 13th July. Unlucky for some perhaps but not for the club. In all, almost 30 teams of four took part and a host of sponsors supported a very well-run event. Unlike last year’s cool windy conditions, the conditions couldn’t have been drier, making for a more relaxing round of golf.
Random moments from throughout the day!
The prizes went to the following teams:
3rd prize and Nearest the Pin went to International Hotel Terrance Mulcahy.
2nd prize went to Pro Golf Construction
1st prize went to Michael Sheahan and Sons Construction
Fantastic food was once again served up by Paul Cotter and his team at the Chapel with wonder burgers provided by Flesk Meats. A great spread was enjoyed by all and coolly washed down by a glass of Killarney Lager from Killarney Brewery.
Our sincere thanks to all our generous sponsors, supporters and Killarney Golf Club for making it a super day. Thanks to the especially hard-working Chairman Ger Moynihan, Anthony Walsh and President Luke Sullivan amongst many others. Special thanks too to:
– O’Sullivan Cycles, generous sponsors of our fantastic hole-in-one prize;
– Haven Pharmacy, who kindly sponsored first prize of Ray Band sunglasses worth €150 for each person;
– Killarney Golf Club for the 4-ball;
– Murphy’s bar and the Flesk Restaurant for dinner vouchers;
– The Reeks who sponsored the longest drives and nearest the pin.
The club deeply appreciates your generosity.